Flume "Sleepless (Feat. Anthony For Cleopatra)"
Preceded by a ten-second dissonant fake-out intro, this track from 19-year-old, Sydney-based up-and-comer Flume is a solid piece of soulful beat work. Acting as the title track for his recently released debut EP (artwork above), "Sleepless" moves at a steady chillwave-ish pace with no shortage of lush chords or skillfully pitched vocal glitches (chops of Anthony For Cleopatra we presume) to float alongside the irresistible bassline and head-nod-worthy drum programming. The young Australian essentially manipulates the same handful of sounds throughout the course of the tune, building up and breaking down the elements to keep things moving—and we're just fine with that. If you've got a beautiful concoction of warm, soulful tones, why mess with it too much? Sounds like Flume agrees.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player