Call Super "Timora"
Emerging producers Matt Waites and JR Seaton have come together to form Call Super, a duo dedicated to exploring the possibilities of dark, yet slightly off, dance music. The pair recently released its debut EP, Staircase (artwork above), for the newly minted London imprint Five Easy Pieces. To help introduce the project, they've gone ahead and shared "Timora", which kicks off strong on an analog futurism tip before eventually revealing itself as a full-fledged techno endeavor. Utilizing brooding arps and dissonant synth blurbs, the duo keeps things moving with enough nostalgic drum-machine work to equally please both techno classicists and dancefloor junkies. In addition to this tune, the Staircase EP comes with two more original productions (of the muscular house sort), a re-work of the duo's own "Nosebleed" track, and a remix from burgeoning Berliner Objekt.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player