Sahy Uhns "Anticipation of the Night"
Before Southern California producer and Proximal label head Carl Madison Burgin (a.k.a. Sahy Uhns) drops his debut LP, the haughtily titled An Intolerant Disdain of Underlings (pictured above), on October 18, we're treated to an example of the kinds of hard-edged, boom-bap-addled electronic productions available therein. "Anticipation of the Night," which is named after a 1958 film by Stan Brakhage, is a gritty, twisted track that seems unable to stay in one place for longer than a handful of seconds. Thankfully, each new direction Sahy Uhns takes us in is as tantalizing as the one that came before it.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
XLR8R Downloads Player