Publicist "Hand to Mouth (Tussle Remix)"
Well, it certainly has been a while (about three years, in fact) since we last heard from the kraut-obsessed synth adventurers known as Tussle. The group has just reappeared on a new split-12" (pictured above) with the experimental-electro alias of Trans Am drummer Sebastian Thomson, Publicist, for a release that arrived this week courtesy of SF-based label Voltaire. Here we have Tussle's blistering remix of Thomson's "Hand to Mouth" tune (also posted for download a while back), on which the sonic tinkerers expand the original track into more of a dancefloor heater by more than doubling the song's length and taking it on a voyage through a seemingly endless sea of analog processors. The Split Infinitive EP, which will have its official release party in SF this Saturday (details here), features one original and one remix from each party involved, and can be streamed in its entirety after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player