Robot Koch "Lights"
Berlin-based producer Robot Koch (a.k.a. Robert Koch) is back with his third full-length LP, The Other Side. This comes following a recent collaborative album with New Jersey-based MC John Robinson, Robot Robinson, and last year's sophmore LP, Songs for Trees and Cyborgs. To get us prepared for The Other Side's release on October 7, Koch slipped XLR8R a teaser in the form of leftfield-leaning album cut "Lights." Continuing in the vein of poppy experimentation that has marked previous Koch releases, "Lights" explores a wobbly dub soundscape of Asiatic arpeggiations, reverbed-out synth washes, and percussive glitches. The resulting product finds an approachable middle ground between the far-out experimentation of Brainfeeder and the futuristic pop of artists like Jamie Lidell, The xx, and Jimmy Edgar.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player