This warm cut of melodious beat work comes all the way from St. Petersburg, Russia, where one Vlad Kudryavtsev (a.k.a Monokle) crafted his newest EP, Birds Swirl (artwork above). This particular tune hails from the second half of the EP and finds the producer tinkering with heavy beats, gliding synth leads, and rich layers of smooth guitar. The results can at times be reminiscent of Bibio (if he was more street-obsessed, perhaps) or even sound like a more energetic take on Shlohmo's more recent guitar-based efforts. All comparisons aside, "Luch" is in itself a rather impressive quasi-futuristic instrumental, and one that can be found along with five other similarly vibrant pieces of abstract beatsmithery on the recently released Birds Swirl EP.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player