This warm cut of melodious beat work comes all the way from St. Petersburg, Russia, where one Vlad Kudryavtsev (a.k.a Monokle) crafted his newest EP, Birds Swirl (artwork above). This particular tune hails from the second half of the EP and finds the producer tinkering with heavy beats, gliding synth leads, and rich layers of smooth guitar. The results can at times be reminiscent of Bibio (if he was more street-obsessed, perhaps) or even sound like a more energetic take on Shlohmo's more recent guitar-based efforts. All comparisons aside, "Luch" is in itself a rather impressive quasi-futuristic instrumental, and one that can be found along with five other similarly vibrant pieces of abstract beatsmithery on the recently released Birds Swirl EP.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player