Rain Dog "One to Love"
Newcastle-based producer Rain Dog is the latest up-and-comer to be tapped by what has become one of the most consistently good labels for (almost) free music, the DFRNT-run Cut imprint (also responsible for releases from Essáy, Great Skies, and more). "One to Love" falls somewhere within the blissed-out realm of post-dubstep beats, but also harbors some echoes of the mellow dub found years ago on Pole's now-defunct ~scape label. This gloriously peaceful endeavor can be found alongside three similarly lush pieces of detailed beat work on the See Hear EP (artwork above), available here as a "name your price" download.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player