AK Kids & 1000 Names "Pop Girl"
Edinburgh-based eclectic bass producers AK Kids will soon be releasing a series of collaborative EPs on Rotterdam-based label Lowriders Collective. Kicking things off is the GassAKu EP, which features guest spots from 1000 Names, Argyle Pimps, Slugabed, and Coco Bryce. As a teaser for the release, the label slipped us the mind-warping "Pop Girl," a collaborative track from AK Kids and 1000 Names. The tune features an insane broken rhythm that broaches on sounding like a tasteful trainwreck, and twists through bizarre synthesizer modulations, moebius strip-like melodies, and ghostly vocal samples. The GassAKu EP comes out on October 7 as both a limited-edition vinyl 10" and digital download.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player