AK Kids & 1000 Names "Pop Girl"
Edinburgh-based eclectic bass producers AK Kids will soon be releasing a series of collaborative EPs on Rotterdam-based label Lowriders Collective. Kicking things off is the GassAKu EP, which features guest spots from 1000 Names, Argyle Pimps, Slugabed, and Coco Bryce. As a teaser for the release, the label slipped us the mind-warping "Pop Girl," a collaborative track from AK Kids and 1000 Names. The tune features an insane broken rhythm that broaches on sounding like a tasteful trainwreck, and twists through bizarre synthesizer modulations, moebius strip-like melodies, and ghostly vocal samples. The GassAKu EP comes out on October 7 as both a limited-edition vinyl 10" and digital download.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player