Essáy "Old Times"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Essáy has been responsible for a steady stream of music since first appearing on the scene earlier this year with his free EP for the net label Cut. "Old Times" is the burgeoning producer's latest offering, and one that finds him taking a pretty generous sampling of "Soft Days," a track from Irish producer Thought Tempo. In true Essáy form, the sample is transformed into an entirely new space, combined with lush atmospheres, distant percussion, and a number of memorable melodic touches to yield yet another piece of emotive electronics to add the German producer's growing discography.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player