Remarc "RIP (Phillip D. Kick's Footwork Jungle Edit)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
This skittering footwork edit of old-school jungle tune "R.I.P." by Remarc comes to us courtesy of Phillip D. Kick, the now-defunct pseudonym of UK tunesmith Om Unit. The project, which started as a secret "experiment" before uncontrollably rising to a place of notoriety (both good and bad) among jungle fans around the world (read the whole story here), has just been laid to rest after the release of Footwork Jungle Vol. 3, a four-track offering of breakneck rhythms and basslines. You can nab one of those here, and stream the whole thing after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player