Drive Me Home "Hook It Up"
Burgeoning London producer Drive Me Home has just released a new EP called Fast Life (out on vinyl this week and digitally next week), and has shared this slice of slow-motion electro-funk to help spread the word. "Hook It Up" fits enough rattling snares, reverb-washed claps, and booming bass into the tune's smooth, glowing flow to make this one just as appropriate for a late-night party breakdown as a smoke session at a similar hour. But Drive Me Home is no one-trick pony, and his EP has a variety of funk-dipped electronic offerings to be heard—including some vocal tracks featuring the likes of Olivier Daysoul and Spoek Mathambo, as well as remixes from Machinedrum and Computer Jay, all of which you can hear in the streaming player after the jump.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player