Carter Tanton "In Knots (Distal Remix)"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Atlanta-based beatmaker Distal isn't one to shy away from pushing genre boundaries—his recent experimentations with club tunes traverse all manner of bass music, hip-hop, house, juke, and R&B. Still, we were a little surprised to see that his latest effort is a remix of "In Knots" by singer-songwriter Carter Tanton (shown above on left, Distal on right). Granted, almost nothing of the original indie-folk tune remains in the remix; Tanton's typically tender vocals become chilling under Distal's furious warping, while the self-styled "boss of the south" forgoes holding true to the original and instead builds an acid-house track around Tanton's voice more or less from the ground up.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player