Carter Tanton "In Knots (Distal Remix)"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Atlanta-based beatmaker Distal isn't one to shy away from pushing genre boundaries—his recent experimentations with club tunes traverse all manner of bass music, hip-hop, house, juke, and R&B. Still, we were a little surprised to see that his latest effort is a remix of "In Knots" by singer-songwriter Carter Tanton (shown above on left, Distal on right). Granted, almost nothing of the original indie-folk tune remains in the remix; Tanton's typically tender vocals become chilling under Distal's furious warping, while the self-styled "boss of the south" forgoes holding true to the original and instead builds an acid-house track around Tanton's voice more or less from the ground up.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player