From the seemingly neverending pool of talented producers claiming London as their home base, Thefft is a burgeoning bass-music aficionado who recently dropped a three-track EP for the consistently quality net label Cut. Here we have the Primer EP's (artwork above) closing track, "Stares," a sharp, methodical voyage into the more dancefloor-friendly regions of dub-techno. Following a solid minute and a half of letting his drum programming take the lead amongst a cloud of noise, Thefft eventually introduces layers of fuzzy, ever-evolving chords which weave in and out as the unquestionably deep bass moves things along in a slightly laid-back fashion underneath it all. After giving "Stares" a listen below, you can download the whole EP for the price of "Pay What You Want" (and your email) over at the Cut imprint's Bandcamp.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player