Outkast "Unhappy (Deebs' Dreary Dayz Rework)"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Even with a close listen to Cedaa's recent XLR8R podcast, you still may not have picked up that you were hearing the vocal stylings of Outkast's Big Boi towards the end of the mix. The rework of "Unhappy"—whose initial release on Speakerboxxx/The Love Below was largely overshadowed by mega-hits like "Hey Yeah" and "The Way You Move"—comes courtesy of Canadian remix guru Deebs (pictured above), who edits the mainstream rap track into a piece of dreamy, boundary-pushing hip-hop.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player