TreeFNGR "Fine Fright"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Despite being a complete newcomer (there isn't even a track on his Soundcloud profile yet), British producer TreeFNGR arrives with a thoroughly conceived and well-executed sonic aesthetic on "Fine Fright." And sure, it's not the first time we've heard people play with the template put forth by Burial or, say, Scuba's Triangulations, but there are at least a couple of fresh ideas to be heard—like not using pitched vocal samples and giving each layer of sound plenty of space to ebb and flow in the mix. Seeing as how this the only TreeFNGR's production to be shared with the public, we're pretty excited to hear what comes next.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player