Derek Piotr "Overtaker (Twenty Knives Remix)"
AGORA, the debut full-length from New England-based producer Derek Piotr (pictured above), slipped beneath our radar when it was released by Bitsquare earlier this year, but the reworked version of the album, which features remixes from Steinbrüchel, Scanner, Blevin Blectum, and others, caught our attention with its experimentation and otherworldly vocal manipulation. The Twenty Knives remix of "Overtaker" is rather unusual, its heavily effected vocals providing stimulating (and mostly unintelligible) melodies while the drums, which for much of the song resemble a typical rock pattern, eventually deviate dramatically from typical percussive arrangements. The remixed album, AGORA Regathered, can be streamed in full—and purchased—on the artist's Bandcamp.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player