Derek Piotr "Overtaker (Twenty Knives Remix)"
AGORA, the debut full-length from New England-based producer Derek Piotr (pictured above), slipped beneath our radar when it was released by Bitsquare earlier this year, but the reworked version of the album, which features remixes from Steinbrüchel, Scanner, Blevin Blectum, and others, caught our attention with its experimentation and otherworldly vocal manipulation. The Twenty Knives remix of "Overtaker" is rather unusual, its heavily effected vocals providing stimulating (and mostly unintelligible) melodies while the drums, which for much of the song resemble a typical rock pattern, eventually deviate dramatically from typical percussive arrangements. The remixed album, AGORA Regathered, can be streamed in full—and purchased—on the artist's Bandcamp.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player