Derek Piotr "Overtaker (Twenty Knives Remix)"
AGORA, the debut full-length from New England-based producer Derek Piotr (pictured above), slipped beneath our radar when it was released by Bitsquare earlier this year, but the reworked version of the album, which features remixes from Steinbrüchel, Scanner, Blevin Blectum, and others, caught our attention with its experimentation and otherworldly vocal manipulation. The Twenty Knives remix of "Overtaker" is rather unusual, its heavily effected vocals providing stimulating (and mostly unintelligible) melodies while the drums, which for much of the song resemble a typical rock pattern, eventually deviate dramatically from typical percussive arrangements. The remixed album, AGORA Regathered, can be streamed in full—and purchased—on the artist's Bandcamp.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player