Derek Piotr "Overtaker (Twenty Knives Remix)"
AGORA, the debut full-length from New England-based producer Derek Piotr (pictured above), slipped beneath our radar when it was released by Bitsquare earlier this year, but the reworked version of the album, which features remixes from Steinbrüchel, Scanner, Blevin Blectum, and others, caught our attention with its experimentation and otherworldly vocal manipulation. The Twenty Knives remix of "Overtaker" is rather unusual, its heavily effected vocals providing stimulating (and mostly unintelligible) melodies while the drums, which for much of the song resemble a typical rock pattern, eventually deviate dramatically from typical percussive arrangements. The remixed album, AGORA Regathered, can be streamed in full—and purchased—on the artist's Bandcamp.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player