We've got quite the international tune for you here with the title track from Mexican producer Lao's new EP for the Ukranian Wicked Bass imprint, Papolin (artwork above). (Apparently, the love for percolating bass music can easily traverse the world.) Beginning in the depths of dark, percussive club sounds, Lao builds his track up to almost anthemic heights with a never-ending array of tuned rim shots and massive, housey synth stabs. "Papolin" comes complete with a few nods to the producer's homeland, too, in the form of some deliciously Latin-sounding percussion and occasional Spanish phrases. We can't really make out what's being said, but it would be entirely appropriate if it all translated roughly to, "This track is hot. Let's get to dancing."
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player