We've got quite the international tune for you here with the title track from Mexican producer Lao's new EP for the Ukranian Wicked Bass imprint, Papolin (artwork above). (Apparently, the love for percolating bass music can easily traverse the world.) Beginning in the depths of dark, percussive club sounds, Lao builds his track up to almost anthemic heights with a never-ending array of tuned rim shots and massive, housey synth stabs. "Papolin" comes complete with a few nods to the producer's homeland, too, in the form of some deliciously Latin-sounding percussion and occasional Spanish phrases. We can't really make out what's being said, but it would be entirely appropriate if it all translated roughly to, "This track is hot. Let's get to dancing."
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player