Bobby Browser "Smooth Cruise"
Bay Area producer Bobby Browser is preparing to release a new four-track EP in the coming weeks on the ace 100% Silk imprint, and has offered up "Smooth Cruise" as a first taste. Lead by an understated acid line, Browser pilots a hypnotic, synth-driven escapade here, dolloping layers of new-new age pads and celestial melodies on top of a solidly marching disco beat. The almost six-minute endeavor flows with a carefree ease, rendering it both a good theme for forgetting your worries and something that might inspire you to sweat it all out on the floor. "Smooth Cruise," along with three similarly cosmic counterparts, can be found in 12" and digital formats beginning December 30. And for those XLR8R readers lucky enough to call themselves Bay Area residents, you can help celebrate said release that evening at the five-year anniversary of San Francisco's Donuts party, where Browser will join the likes of DFA stalwart Gavin Russom, LA Vampires (100% Silk boss Amanda Brown's band), and fellow 100% Silk act Magic Touch for what should no doubt prove to be an incredibly fun evening (full details here).
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player