Bobby Browser "Smooth Cruise"
Bay Area producer Bobby Browser is preparing to release a new four-track EP in the coming weeks on the ace 100% Silk imprint, and has offered up "Smooth Cruise" as a first taste. Lead by an understated acid line, Browser pilots a hypnotic, synth-driven escapade here, dolloping layers of new-new age pads and celestial melodies on top of a solidly marching disco beat. The almost six-minute endeavor flows with a carefree ease, rendering it both a good theme for forgetting your worries and something that might inspire you to sweat it all out on the floor. "Smooth Cruise," along with three similarly cosmic counterparts, can be found in 12" and digital formats beginning December 30. And for those XLR8R readers lucky enough to call themselves Bay Area residents, you can help celebrate said release that evening at the five-year anniversary of San Francisco's Donuts party, where Browser will join the likes of DFA stalwart Gavin Russom, LA Vampires (100% Silk boss Amanda Brown's band), and fellow 100% Silk act Magic Touch for what should no doubt prove to be an incredibly fun evening (full details here).
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player