Yosi Horikawa "Wandering"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Fresh from a stint at this year's RBMA in Madrid, Japanese producer Yosi Horikawa has passed along "Wandering," a song from the forthcoming debut LP he plans to drop sometime next year. This track serves as the perfect introduction to the budding producer's sound, which combines field recordings, extremely detailed drums, and vast soundscapes, ultimately ending up somewhere between the beat-scene and electro-acoustic schools of production. At first listen, it's not surprising to learn that "Wandering" was inspired by a trip to the woods (which you can catch a glimpse of in the photo above), even going as far as to derive a multitude of its sounds from that very same trip. If this tune is any indication, Horikawa's take on electronic music is as unique as it is enticing, and one we hope we'll be hearing a lot more of in the months to come.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player