RekChampa "Like You"
From the first deep, emotive chord that signals the beginning of "Like You," you know you're in for a treat. From there, Georgia-based producer RekChampa weaves a textured tale of moody 2-step for the next five minutes, layering hyper-detailed percussion and skillful R&B chop over some sticky synths. Then the real prize of "Like You" hits at about the 2:15 mark, where a far too short-lived, but entirely appropriate, vibraphone melody manages to peak through RekChampa's bed of haziness. If you're like us, and this tune has piqued your interest, you'll be happy to hear that the artist recently dropped an EP of similarly enjoyable tunes for the Two Circles imprint entitled Pocket the Rest (artwork above), which is available for purchase here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player