First up on the 2012 release schedule for the burgeoning, multi-national Cascine imprint is a digital EP from Michigan producer RxGibbs. The title track from that six-song release perfectly encapsulates the cool energy and lush ambiance found on Futures, all of which evokes the expansive dance music of Blondes or The Field, but maybe with a subtle nod to the kinds of retro-futuristic synth-pop and Balearic vibes that Cascine has built its reputation on. Look for the rest of RxGibbs' solid EP when it drops on Feburary 21.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player