The Weeknd "High For This (Sibian & Faun Bootleg)"
By this point, the XLR8R staff is likely to approach most any rework of Toronto R&B darling The Weeknd with a certain amount of trepidation, but this bootleg remix from Montreal duo Sibian & Faun manages to strike just the right chord. On it, we find the two producers continuing to delve into the world of completely R&B-indebted bass music, which they showed an aptitude for on their recent Numbers single, "I'm Sorry". This bass-laden refix serves as the first release from Sibian & Faun's freshly minted label, which they've decided to operate under the name Half & Half. No word yet on what else may be in store from the imprint, but we'd be surprised if the future didn't hold more soulful pieces of gushing, moody bass like this one.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player