The Weeknd "High For This (Sibian & Faun Bootleg)"
By this point, the XLR8R staff is likely to approach most any rework of Toronto R&B darling The Weeknd with a certain amount of trepidation, but this bootleg remix from Montreal duo Sibian & Faun manages to strike just the right chord. On it, we find the two producers continuing to delve into the world of completely R&B-indebted bass music, which they showed an aptitude for on their recent Numbers single, "I'm Sorry". This bass-laden refix serves as the first release from Sibian & Faun's freshly minted label, which they've decided to operate under the name Half & Half. No word yet on what else may be in store from the imprint, but we'd be surprised if the future didn't hold more soulful pieces of gushing, moody bass like this one.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player