The Weeknd "High For This (Sibian & Faun Bootleg)"
By this point, the XLR8R staff is likely to approach most any rework of Toronto R&B darling The Weeknd with a certain amount of trepidation, but this bootleg remix from Montreal duo Sibian & Faun manages to strike just the right chord. On it, we find the two producers continuing to delve into the world of completely R&B-indebted bass music, which they showed an aptitude for on their recent Numbers single, "I'm Sorry". This bass-laden refix serves as the first release from Sibian & Faun's freshly minted label, which they've decided to operate under the name Half & Half. No word yet on what else may be in store from the imprint, but we'd be surprised if the future didn't hold more soulful pieces of gushing, moody bass like this one.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player