Jon Phonics x S-Type "Swamp Donkey"
This cut of gritty, futuristic hip-hop is the result of a collaborative effort between one Jon Phonics (pictured above) and LuckyMe cohort S-Type. Together, the two producers have amassed a litany of blistering synths, skittering hats, rolling toms, crisp chords, and ascending arps to qualify "Swamp Donkey" as a full-to-the-brim head-nodder. But this collaborative effort is not merely a one-off for Phonics, as the up-and-coming Londoner has turned in a total of three original tunes for his upcoming Grid Games EP, which showcases the young man's talents alongside fellow beatsmiths BUG, Pete Cannon, and Jeeks. After giving "Swamp Donkey" a spin, you'll find the artwork and tracklist for that forthcoming EP—which, incidentally, marks the inaugural release of the PRISM label—after the jump. (via Earmilk)
A1 Jon Phonics x BUG "Jack Duckworth"
A2 Jon Phonics x Pete Cannon "ROMES"
A3 Jon Phonics x Jeeks "Double Vision"
B1 Jon Phonics x S-Type "Swamp Donkey (Kidkanevil Remix)"
B2 Jon Phonics x BUG "Jack Duckworth (Ghost Mutt Remix)"
B3 Jon Phonics x Pete Cannon "ROMES (Pedestrian Remix)"
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player