Hong Kong in the 60s "You Can Take a Heart (Diskotopia Dub)"
Tokyo bass imprint Diskotopia has sent over an advance cut from its upcoming label compilation, Diskotopia Various Artists Volume 1, due February 6. Here, Hong Kong in the 60s, a London-based dream-pop trio, has its pretty, Stereolab-esque "You Can Take a Heart But You Cannot Make it Beat" ripped into a bassy two-stepper by Diskotopia's label bosses, A Taut Line (pictured above) and BD1982. The warm, twee vocal line of the original is processed into a schizophrenic array of phrases that gives the remix an uneasy sense of urgency. Readers in Japan can catch the men behind this remix this weekend, as they'll be playing on January 27 at the compilation's release party in Osaka, and again on January 28 in Tokyo, where the two will be spinning in support of Modeselektor.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsHyperdub Details Third 10th-Anniversary Compilation
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
XLR8R Downloads Player