Drop/Dead "Basic State"
- Words: James Eaton
Here's a fresh slice of brooding, dubstep-ian soundscapes from London's Drop/Dead. Slightly reminiscent of the thunder and rainfall on Burial's new Kindred EP, "Basic State" employs a steadily knocking beat, a nearly inaudible synth melody, and a dark-as-night bassline to drive its slow groove home. It reminds us how nice it is every time we hear something new from the tunesmith, so if you're in the market for more of Drop/Dead's handiwork, look no further than the solid mix he dropped for Vienna's Danceteria, after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player