Warpaint "Billie Holiday (Sei A Edit)"
For one reason or another, Sei A (pictured above), one of the more recent names to appear on Tiga's Turbo imprint, decided to try his hand at reworking Warpaint's "Billie Holiday." Whether it was out of admiration for the original tune or just as a production exercise of sorts, the Glasgow-reared, London-based producer has sculpted the heavenly harmonies and lightly strummed guitars of the LA foursome's original into a vast, enveloping beat which actually bears very little resemblance to the dancefloor-oriented techno tunes with which Sei A's is usually associated. It would appear that the man has been exploring some new sonic landscapes, and we'll just have to wait to see where else he's set to take us when he drops his next EP on Kompakt later this year.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player