Warpaint "Billie Holiday (Sei A Edit)"
For one reason or another, Sei A (pictured above), one of the more recent names to appear on Tiga's Turbo imprint, decided to try his hand at reworking Warpaint's "Billie Holiday." Whether it was out of admiration for the original tune or just as a production exercise of sorts, the Glasgow-reared, London-based producer has sculpted the heavenly harmonies and lightly strummed guitars of the LA foursome's original into a vast, enveloping beat which actually bears very little resemblance to the dancefloor-oriented techno tunes with which Sei A's is usually associated. It would appear that the man has been exploring some new sonic landscapes, and we'll just have to wait to see where else he's set to take us when he drops his next EP on Kompakt later this year.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player