The Golden Filter "Kill Me (John Talabot's Killed in Room 161 Refix)"
- Words: Nathan Albert
Barcelona's John Talabot, the artist responsible for the brilliant ƒin LP, has remixed "Kill Me," a track by NYC synth-pop duo The Golden Filter, the original of which is taken from the group's 2011 soundtrack album, Syndromes. The remix offers more of the same from the quasi-anonymous producer, and we mean that in the best way possible—this brilliant, mildly downtempo cut would have fit in perfectly on ƒin. For seven-and-a-half minutes, Talabot develops gorgeous, tastefully Balearic synth swirls over a simple house bassline and Golden Filter vocalist Penelope Trappes' loose serenade. It all amounts to a pleasant and soothing track, but it's packed with just enough emotional gravity to warrant repeated listens.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player