The quality of music available (legally) for free in the world right now never ceases to amaze us here at XLR8R headquarters. Add to the growing list a new endeavor from NYC label UNO, which has just launched a bi-monthly series of free digital releases. To kick off the series, UNO has tapped Venezuelan producer Arca, who delivers four tracks of twisted, gritty electronics that traverse the territory between futuristic bass, abstract house, and instrumental hip-hop with an expert ease. "Spira" is the EP's final offering, and, clocking in at over seven minutes, it really feels like two tracks. First, Arca takes us along with a laid-back beat and gorgeously soulful sample collage, luring us into a purple-minded state until he eventually feels like flipping it all around for something entirely more dark and brooding. You can grab the free Baron Libre EP (artwork above) here, and be on the lookout for Arca's proper UNO debut, which is set to drop in March.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player