Kouhei Matsunaga is a veteran of experimental electronics, one who has seen his music released in many forms across a number of imprints since embarking on a production career back in 1992. Lately, the Osaka-based artist has utilized his talents as one-half of the NHK duo, but here, the artist chooses to fly solo under the name NHK'Koyxeи, offering up a cut from his recent Dance Classics Vol.1 LP (artwork above). For his new album, Matsunaga has gathered up a collection of his more club-appropriate material, picking productions that focus "more on bass/base electronics, music for the dancefloor and/or altered-state reflection." In truth, these songs come nowhere near to what we currently think of as club bangers, but on "587," the Japanese producer does find an intriguing—and rather unique—middle ground between dancefloor grooves and his more experimental inclinations.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player