Assent "The Dream"
- Words: Taylor Fife
For house and bass producers, the ever-present need for tracks to be danceable can put serious constraints on creativity and experimentation. Apparently, Montreal's Henry Goury-Laffont has been bumping into this limiting factor recently while producing music under his HGLDT moniker. To allow for the creation of more abstract and spontaneous tunes, Goury-Laffont is now debuting a second moniker, Assent, under which he will create rawer tracks that capture more ephemeral moments and feelings. "The Dream" is an atmospheric bit of beatwork with fast-paced percussion and interplaying synth lines. It's a touch more erratic than his other productions, but it's also more personal and emotive.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player