Assent "The Dream"
- Words: Taylor Fife
For house and bass producers, the ever-present need for tracks to be danceable can put serious constraints on creativity and experimentation. Apparently, Montreal's Henry Goury-Laffont has been bumping into this limiting factor recently while producing music under his HGLDT moniker. To allow for the creation of more abstract and spontaneous tunes, Goury-Laffont is now debuting a second moniker, Assent, under which he will create rawer tracks that capture more ephemeral moments and feelings. "The Dream" is an atmospheric bit of beatwork with fast-paced percussion and interplaying synth lines. It's a touch more erratic than his other productions, but it's also more personal and emotive.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player