Assent "The Dream"
- Words: Taylor Fife
For house and bass producers, the ever-present need for tracks to be danceable can put serious constraints on creativity and experimentation. Apparently, Montreal's Henry Goury-Laffont has been bumping into this limiting factor recently while producing music under his HGLDT moniker. To allow for the creation of more abstract and spontaneous tunes, Goury-Laffont is now debuting a second moniker, Assent, under which he will create rawer tracks that capture more ephemeral moments and feelings. "The Dream" is an atmospheric bit of beatwork with fast-paced percussion and interplaying synth lines. It's a touch more erratic than his other productions, but it's also more personal and emotive.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player