Biblo "Falls Silent"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Istanbul resident Biblo—who first appeared on our radar as a participant in last year's Red Bull Music Academy in Madrid—recently dropped an album's worth of dark, textural tracks on her Bandcamp under the title Projection. Here, we have one of its selections, "Falls Silent," a cut that folds a bobbing kick and rim pattern underneath a gloriously thick piling of ceaseless static and ghostly vocals. Somewhere buried in the mix, a few delayed chords appear, frequently hitting on the upbeat before being washed away in globs of processing. The elements combine to render "Falls Silent" something like a dub-techno track through the filter of, say, Tri Angle Records or an artist like Grouper. You can stream the entire Projection LP (and download it for a price of your choosing) after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player