Parisian "Heavy Petting"
- Words: Nathan Albert
About one minute into "Heavy Petting," Parisian floods the mix with an overwhelming bass synth and diverts attention away from the rest of the ambient, downtempo swoon that makes up the rest of the song. It's a potentially obnoxious move, but just like naming a song "Heavy Petting," there's a provocative allure to the action. After several listens, the ringing synths and woozy vocal samples come in to focus and prove the St. Louis beatmaker's production to be indeed memorable, if not tasteful.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player