Beca "Let's Run Wild (Klic Remix)"
Beca (pictured above) is a New York-based artist who has just dropped her debut 12" (to be followed shortly after by the release of her debut EP on March 19). The vinyl's a-side cut, "Let's Run Wild," is heavy on the cold-wave vibes, but the flip side offers some intoxicating house, thanks to this rework from London producer Klic (who also operates under the guise Medlar). Truthfully, it sounds like little more than the chopped vocals and occasional synth stabs are shared between the two versions of "Let's Run Wild"—not that we're complaining, as we can enjoy any slice of soulful, bass-loaded house, no matter what the source material is.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player