Beca "Let's Run Wild (Klic Remix)"
Beca (pictured above) is a New York-based artist who has just dropped her debut 12" (to be followed shortly after by the release of her debut EP on March 19). The vinyl's a-side cut, "Let's Run Wild," is heavy on the cold-wave vibes, but the flip side offers some intoxicating house, thanks to this rework from London producer Klic (who also operates under the guise Medlar). Truthfully, it sounds like little more than the chopped vocals and occasional synth stabs are shared between the two versions of "Let's Run Wild"—not that we're complaining, as we can enjoy any slice of soulful, bass-loaded house, no matter what the source material is.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player