Beca "Let's Run Wild (Klic Remix)"
Beca (pictured above) is a New York-based artist who has just dropped her debut 12" (to be followed shortly after by the release of her debut EP on March 19). The vinyl's a-side cut, "Let's Run Wild," is heavy on the cold-wave vibes, but the flip side offers some intoxicating house, thanks to this rework from London producer Klic (who also operates under the guise Medlar). Truthfully, it sounds like little more than the chopped vocals and occasional synth stabs are shared between the two versions of "Let's Run Wild"—not that we're complaining, as we can enjoy any slice of soulful, bass-loaded house, no matter what the source material is.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player