Photek "No Agenda"
- Words: Taylor Fife
Upon first listen to Photek's forthcoming DJ-Kicks mix, it may sound as if Photek and Pinch's "M25FM" transitions directly into "Dead Eye," a 1994 cut from Baby Ford and Eon. The compilation tracklisting, however, indicates that this tune, "No Agenda," is actually crammed somewhere between the two. On DJ-Kicks, Photek mixes in and out of "No Agenda" deliberately and creatively, sprinkling in only parts of the tunes' arpeggio, synth stabs, and blips, never quite introducing the full force of the track. With its big, four-on-the-floor kick and thick bass, the song does pack something of a wallop, despite its slowish tempo and introspective vibe.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player