Slava's latest genre-hopping feat is "Speechless," a three-minute excursion into ambient drum & bass. The Brooklyn producer imbues the track with a sense of cosmopolitan disarray, combining galloping drums with a slew of vocal samples which express confusion in a variety of accents and languages. Those vocal samples are in fact taken from recorded phone conversations with numerous international art galleries about their interior architecture, which is the unifying thread on World Wide Gallery Traxx, a mixtape compiled by Croatian visual artists Dora and Maja. Besides featuring "Speechless," that nine-track offering also contains contributions from Brenmar, Pictureplane, M.E.S.H., and more, and is available to stream in full, after the jump.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player