Slava's latest genre-hopping feat is "Speechless," a three-minute excursion into ambient drum & bass. The Brooklyn producer imbues the track with a sense of cosmopolitan disarray, combining galloping drums with a slew of vocal samples which express confusion in a variety of accents and languages. Those vocal samples are in fact taken from recorded phone conversations with numerous international art galleries about their interior architecture, which is the unifying thread on World Wide Gallery Traxx, a mixtape compiled by Croatian visual artists Dora and Maja. Besides featuring "Speechless," that nine-track offering also contains contributions from Brenmar, Pictureplane, M.E.S.H., and more, and is available to stream in full, after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player