Room E "Wooly Mammoth"
"Wooly Mammoth" is the opening track from San Diego producer Room E's upcoming debut LP, Penguin Child (artwork above). The work of ambient, instrumental hip-hop is anchored by live drumming, as it shuffles along its three-minute course. It glistens with breezy samples and buzzes with hints of bass for its first two minutes, until a more subdued, string-laden outro closes the last minute of the affair. Look for Room E's new album to drop via London-based imprint Proper Songs on May 28.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player