- Words: Patric Fallon
With exciting artists like Patten and Vessel on the rise, it seems like the space available for noisily experimental techno alchemists to inhabit continually grows as new head-scratching productions surface. Enter Rkss, a 19-year-old producer from Berlin whose debut record dropped today. The title track from his self-released Basement EP is as strong an introduction as one could hope for; a cavernous bassline bellows underneath clattering organic percussion and a deep, bouncing thump of a kick to make for one seriously dark tune. Rkss follows "Basement" with two lighter but nonetheless strong cuts on his EP, all of which you can stream in full, after the jump.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player