- Words: Patric Fallon
With exciting artists like Patten and Vessel on the rise, it seems like the space available for noisily experimental techno alchemists to inhabit continually grows as new head-scratching productions surface. Enter Rkss, a 19-year-old producer from Berlin whose debut record dropped today. The title track from his self-released Basement EP is as strong an introduction as one could hope for; a cavernous bassline bellows underneath clattering organic percussion and a deep, bouncing thump of a kick to make for one seriously dark tune. Rkss follows "Basement" with two lighter but nonetheless strong cuts on his EP, all of which you can stream in full, after the jump.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player