- Words: Patric Fallon
With exciting artists like Patten and Vessel on the rise, it seems like the space available for noisily experimental techno alchemists to inhabit continually grows as new head-scratching productions surface. Enter Rkss, a 19-year-old producer from Berlin whose debut record dropped today. The title track from his self-released Basement EP is as strong an introduction as one could hope for; a cavernous bassline bellows underneath clattering organic percussion and a deep, bouncing thump of a kick to make for one seriously dark tune. Rkss follows "Basement" with two lighter but nonetheless strong cuts on his EP, all of which you can stream in full, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player