Xander Harris "Clockwork Heart"
Austin's Xander Harris may or may not have taken his name from a character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but his music reflects the playfully spooky nature of that cult classic TV series. The artist has produced work for Not Not Fun and 100% Silk, and he most recently dropped a tape, titled Chrysalid (artwork above), via Dallas' Pour Le Corps imprint. "Clockwork Heart" is the fourth track from that release, and in all its brevity (it clocks in at only two minutes), it manages to express a sense of peculiar distress. Noisy, atmospheric pads give the track a gloomy chill, but a pulsing, repetitive synth squelch puts the listener in more idiosyncratic, levitating territory. If you want to check out Chrysalid in its entirety, you can do so after the jump.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player