A Taut Line "Drunk"
The name of Diskotopia co-founder Matt Lyne's solo project, A Taut Line, makes complete sense when listening to his new 2776 Digital Hi-Vision EP (out April 9). Featured here, "Drunk" really does put on an impressive balancing act as it walks the line between undulating platters of sub-bass, crooning vocals ripped from a Tokyo arcade around 1993 (both Lynne and the label are based in Japan), and early rave-referencing piano stabs culled from forgotten '90s house jams. It all seems to be tottering on the edge of a beam, precarious but assured. You can check out a preview of the rest of A Taut Line's EP, along with a promo video featuring the track "Sands," after the jump.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player