A Taut Line "Drunk"
The name of Diskotopia co-founder Matt Lyne's solo project, A Taut Line, makes complete sense when listening to his new 2776 Digital Hi-Vision EP (out April 9). Featured here, "Drunk" really does put on an impressive balancing act as it walks the line between undulating platters of sub-bass, crooning vocals ripped from a Tokyo arcade around 1993 (both Lynne and the label are based in Japan), and early rave-referencing piano stabs culled from forgotten '90s house jams. It all seems to be tottering on the edge of a beam, precarious but assured. You can check out a preview of the rest of A Taut Line's EP, along with a promo video featuring the track "Sands," after the jump.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player