A Taut Line "Drunk"
The name of Diskotopia co-founder Matt Lyne's solo project, A Taut Line, makes complete sense when listening to his new 2776 Digital Hi-Vision EP (out April 9). Featured here, "Drunk" really does put on an impressive balancing act as it walks the line between undulating platters of sub-bass, crooning vocals ripped from a Tokyo arcade around 1993 (both Lynne and the label are based in Japan), and early rave-referencing piano stabs culled from forgotten '90s house jams. It all seems to be tottering on the edge of a beam, precarious but assured. You can check out a preview of the rest of A Taut Line's EP, along with a promo video featuring the track "Sands," after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player