A Taut Line "Drunk"
The name of Diskotopia co-founder Matt Lyne's solo project, A Taut Line, makes complete sense when listening to his new 2776 Digital Hi-Vision EP (out April 9). Featured here, "Drunk" really does put on an impressive balancing act as it walks the line between undulating platters of sub-bass, crooning vocals ripped from a Tokyo arcade around 1993 (both Lynne and the label are based in Japan), and early rave-referencing piano stabs culled from forgotten '90s house jams. It all seems to be tottering on the edge of a beam, precarious but assured. You can check out a preview of the rest of A Taut Line's EP, along with a promo video featuring the track "Sands," after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player