A Taut Line "Drunk"
The name of Diskotopia co-founder Matt Lyne's solo project, A Taut Line, makes complete sense when listening to his new 2776 Digital Hi-Vision EP (out April 9). Featured here, "Drunk" really does put on an impressive balancing act as it walks the line between undulating platters of sub-bass, crooning vocals ripped from a Tokyo arcade around 1993 (both Lynne and the label are based in Japan), and early rave-referencing piano stabs culled from forgotten '90s house jams. It all seems to be tottering on the edge of a beam, precarious but assured. You can check out a preview of the rest of A Taut Line's EP, along with a promo video featuring the track "Sands," after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player