Myrryrs "Fantom Doze"
Rap trends come and go, but it seems that crunk is here to stay. It's certainly a major pillar of the music being turned out by Myrryrs. Last year's Feel U and Blood of a Slave EPs certainly bore traces of the Nashville producer's love for hip-hop, but his just-released I'm a State of Mind EP (artwork above), which dropped via LA's Body High imprint, at times borders on Southern rap worship. Yet, as a quick listen to the woozily potent "Fantom Doze" proves, it's not a bad thing. Founded upon a sturdy framework of snapping drum-machine beats, the track unleashes an infectious array of vocal loops and lazily lilting technicolor synths. It would be easy to say that "Fantom Doze" sounds like something off the radio, but honestly, it sounds a whole lot better than most of what's on the radio these days.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player