Louis Blaise "Love and Gwalla (Phillip D. Kick Remix)"
- Words: James Eaton
We're sure you remember the free tunes that OM Unit was giving away last year under his footwork/jungle-obsessed pseudonym, Phillip D. Kick. Well, it would appear that another high-energy tune was meant to be a part of those offerings, but missed the cut due to a delayed approval from the man behind the original production. But now that UK producer/vocalist Louis Blaise (pictured above) has given OM Unit the go-ahead, we can all reap the benefits of the pair's hard work, as this hard-eged and relentlessly fast-paced remix of "Love and Gwalla" is a rewarding slice of Phillip D. Kick's patented hybrid style.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player