Space Dimension Controller "MK Zero 900"
Jack Hamill (a.k.a. Mr. 8040 a.k.a. Space Dimension Controller) has posted a free track that he unleashed in anticipation of his forthcoming debut full-length for R&S. According to SDC, he "made ['MK Zero 900'] specially for Benji B’s sci-fi special on BBC Radio 1." Hamill goes on to explain, "BBC sent over the show’s producer, and he sat in my studio while I made it in a few hours." The chugging sounds on display in "MK Zero 900" bring to mind a large, ungainly space vessel drifting on cruise control, slowly making its way to some distant portion of Hamill's brilliantly imagined Mikrosector-50 galaxy. The tune concludes with SDC's signature, a sort of '70s b-movie send-off. Needless to say, we're really looking forward to when Welcome to Mikrosector-50 drops later this year. For now, you can check out the trailer for the LP after the jump.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player