WOLS "Red Ways"
We've mentioned the icy synth escapades of WOLS before, and although the former duo has now been whittled down to a solo act, there's still a new EP forthcoming via FUSELab, and the Moscow-based producer has offered up "Red Ways," one of the record's finer selections. A dancefloor jam utilizing a brisk, half-step pace and fraught with starry, drama-filled piano lines, the song serves as a suitable showcase for the type of precise, iron-plated electronica WOLS has made its calling card. Although the track is undeniably modern, one gets the feeling that "Red Ways" could only have been made by an artist with a deep understanding of Soviet culture and Russia's unique history. The seven-track Outgunned EP (artwork above) will be available in a few weeks time on FUSELab, but check the cover art above and have a listen to a full stream of the entire release now, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player