Yesterday, Kompakt label boss and techno auteur Wolfgang Voigt released his collaborative album with fellow German minimalist Jörg Burger, Mohn, from which the krauty and expansive "Saturn" is taken. The duo's self-titled LP features eight other productions of a similarly minimal and classic vibe to this one, but despite the sum of experience available between the two longstanding producers, Mohn's music sounds not too far from the work of their younger contemporaries—like, say, Emeralds or Pantha du Prince. Then again, Voigt and Burger likely inspired those artists in the first place. It's the circle of life.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAybee and Afrikan Sciences Release New LP Inspired by Miles Davis
XLR8R Downloads Player