Vieo Abiungo "The Thunder May Have Ruined the Moment"
Now, here's something you don't find on XLR8R every day: a track made almost entirely of non-synthesized sound. Musician/composer William Ryan Fritch impeccably combines dissonant string arrangements, jangly percussion, and ever so subtle touches of electronics into a three-minute instrumental on the title track from his forthcoming third LP as Vieo Abiungo. The results sound something like Johnny Greenwood's soundtrack for There Will Be Blood, if it was all boiled down into a short burst of voiceless, experimental, beat-driven chamber pop. The Thunder May Have Ruined the Moment will arrive on April 17, complete with a DVD of short visual pieces by filmmaker Pete Monro, the mesmerizing preview of which you can watch after the jump.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player