Vieo Abiungo "The Thunder May Have Ruined the Moment"
Now, here's something you don't find on XLR8R every day: a track made almost entirely of non-synthesized sound. Musician/composer William Ryan Fritch impeccably combines dissonant string arrangements, jangly percussion, and ever so subtle touches of electronics into a three-minute instrumental on the title track from his forthcoming third LP as Vieo Abiungo. The results sound something like Johnny Greenwood's soundtrack for There Will Be Blood, if it was all boiled down into a short burst of voiceless, experimental, beat-driven chamber pop. The Thunder May Have Ruined the Moment will arrive on April 17, complete with a DVD of short visual pieces by filmmaker Pete Monro, the mesmerizing preview of which you can watch after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player