L-Vis 1990 "VHS Crash"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Night Slugs co-owner L-Vis 1990 released the first installment of his label's Club Constructions series today, and has dropped this unreleased tune in tandem with the 12" to get you hip to his new peak-hour dancefloor heaters. "VHS Crash" is a prime example of the hard-edged, analog-centric jams that are featured on Club Constructions Vol. 1, even if it is a bit grittier and a tad more minimal than the preview we caught of L-Vis' new ghetto-tinged house productions last week. Nonetheless, we're pleased to hear the tunesmith back in the realm of forward-thinking, rough-and-tumble club music, and have our fingers crossed that he stays his ground.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player