Dauwd "Whats There (Fort Romeau Remix)"
- Words: Cam Curran
While there are currently many artists operating in an emerging sphere of house and 2-step music centered on drifting, tropical textures, two of the most promising are Pictures Music's Dauwd and 100% Silk's Fort Romeau (pictured above). Similar in vein to artists like John Talabot, "Whats There (Fort Romeau Remix)" brings these Chicago-influenced Englishmen together. It's a humid, but never claustrophobic take on Dauwd's original from last year, but Fort Romeau takes the fluid ebb and flow of the synths and smooths out the edges in a show of classicist restraint, peeling back the intricate, shuffling rhythms and letting each element breathe.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player