Bobby Tank "Wolpheus"
All comparisons to the neon-hued maximalism pushed by the likes of Glaswegians Rustie and Hudson Mohawke aside, London producer Bobby Tank seems to be onto something with his forthcoming Afterburn EP for Mofo Hifi. "Wolpheus" perfectly exhibits the '80s-funk, glitch, and hip-hop appropriations which the tunesmith minces into glittery dust before sprinkling it all over his wild compositions—subsequently cranking the whole thing up into hyperdimensional, bonus-level territory. It's almost the exact sonic equivalent of Afterburn's colorfully chaotic, unreal artwork (pictured above), which basically depicts some kind of DMT-induced rave. Look for the rest of Bobby Tank's three-track EP to drop on May 17, with another EP and an album set to arrive before the year's end.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player