German duo JTRP has always straddled the line between functional, eyes-down house music that works the midnight shift and an experimental, almost-psychedelic sound that creeps into the back of one's thoughts whilst in the dance. "Apparition" is a new tune out soon on Synesthesia 2, the second edition of Senseless' series of artist showcases. Both veterans of the Cologne scene, the men of JTRP work a malleable style here, filtering in elements of B-more club music, UK funky, and South African kwaito to alternatingly meditative and delirious effect. Surging bass swells supplant glassy, powder-washed pads that ooze high-end clarity over an otherwise rough and rugged percussion track, which is enhanced by the introduction of rolling congas at the midway point. Featuring another JTRP tune, two from Awkward Movements' NKC, and a jam from Mak & Pasteman, Synesthesia 2 is being released digitally and on a limited-edition press of 250 records with a hand-screened sleeve. Preview the rest of the EP before it drops on May 28, after the jump.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player