It may not be a new production trick, but it's still hard to find fault with sampled baby vocals. UK beatmaker Bambooman has certainly put them to good use on "Belgium," as the snipped and clipped vocal bits succeed at being simultaneously creepy and compelling, particularly when paired with the song's clicky rhythms and warbling synth melodies. The song appears on the recently released Sound Healers Vol 2 (artwork above), a 14-track collection compiled by Bambooman himself that also includes a selection from Soosh. Preview the entire compilation after the jump, or simply head to Sound Healers' Bandcamp to stream (or purchase) the LP.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player